Monday, April 5, 2010

MIA, but soon back on track

I've been down with the flu, and I mean really down. Had to go to the doctor yesterday and got some meds to ease my breathing and cure the cough. It's still going to take a couple of days to fully recover, I'm soooo tired... Between sleeping, coughing, blowing my nose, surfing the net and did I already say sleeping, I've had some clearer moments to think about my sugar situation.
I've decided to ditch the few potentials I have at the moment (including Smoothie), as I'm really not feeling the real desire to date them. And without the chemistry, it would be just like selling myself. No thank you.
Obviously I'm not very photogenic with my runny nose, so taking photos for the profiles on international sites has been postponed. And it doesn't matter, I've decided to whip myself back on track and to lose a couple of kilos during April. I don't know, maybe the general chatter about skinny young girls has gotten into me, but somehow I need to make the combination of my years, figure and style to work for my best and make myself feel like a million bucks. Not to mention it's summer soon, time for the sexy, skimpy dresses! I've also made appointments to hairdresser and teeth whitening.
When I resume my search, I'll be ready and literally glowing!
I have one guy from January's search still texting me every now and then. I have suggested lunches and other meetings, but he never responds. He texted me again yesterday, "How has your Easter been?". Me: "I've been ill for a week, feeling a bit down. A trip to Paris might cheer me up.". His answer: "Let's go then!". Oh well, I'm not crossing my fingers...

No comments: