Friday, June 11, 2010

Still alive and kicking with hints of sugar in the air

Well, not exactly kicking, but feeling optimistic (have I said that many times already and nothing ever materializes?). Oh well, it's summer, it's two weeks until my summer holiday (4 weeks of absolutely no plans), I got a big raise at work and I have 4 potentials lined up.
Met a 60 year old consultant last night for drinks. He's very charming and polite, but the question of sugar is still out in the open. He wants us to get to know each other better first (yeah right) and when we are sure this would be a long term affair, then maybe we can go shopping together. I'm afraid he thinks just buying me dinners and cooking for me at my place equals as sugar, so I might have to *next* him. Too bad as he really was fun to be with and he could be my mentor as well, as he works in a field that I'm involved. I'll probably have dinner with him the following week to have a serious talk.
Then there's this 36 year old businessman, who loves older women and has some sexual preferences that his wife won't tolerate. And it's nothing more than coming on my face (I actually like it), where do these women come from? We're meeting next week as he doesn't live in my city. That's a good thing as then we can meet at his hotel and not at my place. That's one thing I don't like about the local guys, they think it's a given that I host them and I'm a bit uncomfortable with that...
Tomorrow I'm meeting a CEO of a family owned company with net revenue close to 150 million euros (that's quite ok by local standards). He's looking for a wife and he sure as hell can afford one staying at home, as he actually owns the whole company! Yes, he's a grand-grandson of the founder.
And then the best one, a hottie 50something in Paris. I'm probably jinxing the whole thing, but I MIGHT be going to Paris tomorrow and he understands completely that I'm not having sex with him and want my own pre-paid hotel room. Oh the dream, again. He could teach me French, I would get to explore the city with a local guide and the allowance... 3000 euros + generous shopping for meetings twice a month. I'm just hoping he's as charming as he sounds on the phone and doesn't poof =) Keep your fingers crossed, please!
Oh yes and I have found the joy of sugar hunting IRL! Earlier this week I went out with a friend to this local bar very well known as the hunting place for the older folks ;) And oh boy was there sugar all over! Older foreign men in sharp suits! So we're going back next week and with sharpened nails. Beware the sugar starved lady! =D

1 comment:

Eden said...

Oh, good luck with your pots (also wishing you luck on the CEO date - go get 'em tiger!). And meh, don't believe in the jinx. The only jinx you can make is by poor actions, and you seem to have your head screwed on the right way.

Good luck going back to the bar too. "Beware the sugar starved lady", lol. Made me laugh! Those men better watch out!!

Best of luck!!